TS-2000 & preamps

I power my two down converters by getting a small box at Radio Shack and
running 12 volts in from my power supply.

Then I have two wires coming out that have 12 volts coming out.

One goes up to the 2400 down converter and the other goes to my Hamtronics
2-10 down converter in the shack.

This way one switch covers both for ease of operation.

I have good signals on 10 m from the down converters (into 7/8 Heliax, 40
feet long) and so I do not use the built in pre amp (it just increases the
noise level) or the attenuator.

This way my downlink signals are mostly loud but they do not move the s
meter.

Some hams use more gain and then have to attenuate at the shack.

I did not want to go that route.

So I never give anyone an S-9 signal report but my downlink signals are
better then I have had using other satellites.

Perry Yantis WB8OTH

If you have a TS-2000, how are you powering and controlling your preamps?  I
have to admit that my Icom's have spoiled me in that regard since they put
the
preamp power on the coax and switch it off at transmit.

Anybody using a second 144-28MHz. converter to connect their Mode S downlink
the HF receive antenna port on the 2000?  If so, are you tweaking the 28MHz.
unit for less gain or putting an attenuator in the line?

Dave Reinhart
wa6ilt@amsat.org