Re: TS-2000 & preamps

on 2/21/02 01:27 PM, wa6ilt@verizon.net at wa6ilt@verizon.net wrote:

> If you have a TS-2000, how are you powering and controlling your preamps?  I
> have to admit that my Icom's have spoiled me in that regard since they put the
> preamp power on the coax and switch it off at transmit.

I'm using the SSB DCC-12N sequencer and Bias-T to power the UHF mast mount
preamp, and the SSB DCC-12 Bias-T to power the mast mount S Band
downconverter.

It would have been nice if Kenwood had thought to include sequenced Bias-T's
in their design.

One of their sales guys at Dayton told me it was because the TS-2000 had
such a good front end that it didn't need a pre-amp !

I'm still chuckling over that one :)

Cheers,
Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
  www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com