TS-2000 & preamps

If you have a TS-2000, how are you powering and controlling your preamps?  I have to admit that my Icom's have spoiled me in that regard since they put the preamp power on the coax and switch it off at transmit.

Anybody using a second 144-28MHz. converter to connect their Mode S downlink to the HF receive antenna port on the 2000?  If so, are you tweaking the 28MHz. unit for less gain or putting an attenuator in the line?

Dave Reinhart
wa6ilt@amsat.org