AO-10 still working

AO-10 doesn't get many mentions here these days.

The old bird was in reasonable condition around 11.30 UTC today
(Wednesday); not particularly strong to me but there was virtually no
QSB. The beacon was stable without the 'stuttering' it often gives.

After about 10 minutes calling I had a nice QSO with Josef, I6DH, who
was only running 20W to his uplink beam and though my preamp has failed
he was fully copyable throughout at a range of about 19000Km. My
downlink being a 9 element vertical beam. My satellite system is about
7ft above ground at the cross boom.

About half an hour later the beacon sounded as if it was FMing. There
were noticeable small jumps in frequency.

Don't forget AO-10 folks - there is life in her yet. Just pick the right
moment :)

John  M1BTR  (Lincolnshire, England)
--
  John@m1btr.co.uk
  QRV 6m 2m 70cm 23cm  Member: AMSAT-UK BATC RSGB UK6mG