Friendship 7

Just watched a replay on NASA select of John Glen's first orbits.  THey
had  him switch to HF over Bermuda?  I wonder what freq he used?

Ah, just got a view of a tracking station with a set of 4 VHF helixes with
what looks like 10m whips off the edges of the huge ground plane..

First time I have ever seen a pretty-well complete replay of the mission
with almost all of the comms.  I guess this is for the 40th anniversary..

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob