Re: AO-40 sked format

>I would like to konw meaning of the number between MA and MB on AO-40
>telemetry N-block. What do show the numbers, 1, 4, 5, 7, 0, 1 ?
>

>N  QST AMSAT OSCAR-40  ***SCHEDULE S2 Downlink***    2002-02-12
>            MA       005   030   034   100   240   005
>            ----------1-----4-----5-----7-----0-----1              <-- ??
>            MB        |  *  | S/K |  *  |  *  |  *  |
>            RUDAK     |     |     |     |     |     |
>            V-Rx      |     |  *  |     |     |  *  |
>            U-Rx      |  *  |     |  *  |  *  |     |
>            Passband  | UL1 |     | UL1 |     |     |
>
>73
>
>JN1GKZ Masa     Tokyo Japan

They are for the command team's use.  AO-40's software allows up to 8
schedule changes per orbit.  Each schedule change is set by a "SCD"
line.  The lines are numbered 0 to 7, and these SCD line numbers are what
you see above.  Keeping track of the line number controlling each schedule
change makes it easy for the command team to modify a single schedule line
(ie. change the MA or inactivate the line), without having to redo the
entire schedule.