Re: Orbit Numbers (or, tail wags dog; or, man bites dog)

> Perhaps, a proposal to the AMSAT-NA Board of Directors to accept
> NORAD's numbering of orbits as AMSAT's would be in order.

As I understand NORAD count orbits from the ascending node, ...

... we don't!

While it would be nice that NORAD/AMSAT stay in tune, it ain't no big deal
to manually compensate. Indeed those that follow the telem have no problem
at all as the orbit number TX by the bird is correct.

The AMSAT method is contiguous whereas the NORAD method is not,  ... anyway
does it matter unless you are a telem capture freak?

Paul, G6KCV