RS-12/13

Hi,

I had a good CW QSO tonight on RS-13, Mode T with Brent, VE5SWL, but heard
nobody but myself tonight on RS-12, Mode K.  Where are you guys?  The Mode
K downlink is so loud that I could hear myself without a receiving
antenna.  My Mode K station consists of an FT-102 transceiver on the uplink
and a 75S-1 receiver (with solid-state Tubesters) on the downlink, with the
downlink receiver connected to the antenna through the T/R relay on the
FT-102.  While I'm transmitting, the receiver is not connected to the
antenna, as I once lost the RF amp that way.  Never mind, I heard my
downlink anyway.  RS-12, Mode K, is a great mode.  The record for the
longest-distance satellite QSO, between the UK and New Zealand, is held by
RS-12, Mode K, not by AO-10, AO-13, or AO-40.  Enjoy the DX, guys!

73,

Ray, W2RS