Re: Experience with K3TZ patch -> updated webpage

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 09:00:29PM +0100, Achim Vollhardt wrote:
> Hi Fred and all the others!
> Thank you all for your comments and replies. Domenico, I8CVS and Fred,
> W0FMS stated, that a clear comparison between the G3RUH and the K3TZ
> design is only possible if you mount them both in a 2 ft. dish for similar
> boundary conditions.. and you are absolutely right. For two reasons, I
> started nevertheless with the RHCP non-dish version of the patch:

If you look at the testing notes at the K3TZ web site, you'll notice
that the patch is neither RHCP or LHCP, it is *linear*.  That said,
the absolute gain of the patch seems irrelevant since the overall gain
is determined by the size of the dish and the feed's ability to
properly illuminate the dish. Increasing the gain of the feed further
would only serve to underilluminate the dish and reduce the capture area.
Since the K3TZ patch is not circularly polarized, there shouldn't be any
reason you couldn't try it on a dish.

73 Mike W4LNA