Re: Experience with K3TZ patch -> updated webpage

Hi Fred and all the others!
Thank you all for your comments and replies. Domenico, I8CVS and Fred,
W0FMS stated, that a clear comparison between the G3RUH and the K3TZ
design is only possible if you mount them both in a 2 ft. dish for similar
boundary conditions.. and you are absolutely right. For two reasons, I
started nevertheless with the RHCP non-dish version of the patch:

1. I witnessed a bare patch reception at the workshop in Marburg last
November and wanted to make the experience myself.. sat RX with an antenna
no bigger than a small plate. You really don't believe it unless you try
it yourself!

2. As I said, from idea to patch,there were less than 24 hours.. in fact,
as soon as I soldered the patch onto the BNC pin I ran outside for the
reception tests.. as you seen on the side view photo, I didn't even had
time to glue in those 3mm spacers under the patch. As I knew I would run
short of time, I decided to build a RHCP patch and save the time for
constructing a patch mount.. although this will take me another hour only.

Thank you again for your feedback. The patch mount is next on my list, you
can be assured..hi!

73s Achim, DH2VA