Remote Environmental Satellite Sensing project.

For what it is worth,  I now have a student interested in making a
floating Ocean Buoy to float the Gulf Stream this summer and to report its
WX and position once per PCsat pass.

Since our boats do go offshore this summer, if there is any one else that
is contemplating making a similar amateur radio buoy, we may be able to
deploy it for you (in the Atlantic)..  But unfortunately, these are
"throwaways" because I doubt you will ever get it back.  But with solar
panels, it could last for a year or more?  Cost is probably about $600
each for the TNC, GPS and Radio and sensors... and some glue and PVC
pipe..

Its always nice to have more than one data point...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

Buoy Page           http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/buoy.html