Tuning with AO40rcv... (was Re: AO40RCV & FT-847)

René,
    I completely agree.
    My question should have been: assuming small steps which would not fuzz
AO40rcv decoder, is the traditional doppler compensation scheme (orbit
prediction) accurate enough for decoding telemetry SSB signals with that
software?
    Maybe this subject was already discussed, I was looking for a solution
to automate telemetry capture without having a dedicated radio...

> I think the main difference between controlling the frequency by CAT and
the
> way AO40Rcv it does by mic click is that AO40Rcv takes the criteria for
> frequency control from the actual received signal and keeps it always at a
> certain AF frequency, e.g 1500 Hz. While CAT control through a prediction
> program supplies a theoretical frequency value which can have some offset
> to the AO40Rcv method. So the AO40Rcv method is more reliable and does not
> depend on keplerian elements or other influences but only on the actual
> received signal.

    73 de Nando, CX6DD