RE: [aprssig] Re: Pos Limit in the TH-D7A(G) and Satellites

From: "Bob Bruninga" <bruninga@usna.edu>
> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Henk de Groot wrote:
> > So it looks like the special handling of satellites does not apply to
> > the TH-D7E. My guess is that the TH-D7A also does not have this.
>
> Yes, this is true.  This was part of the "g" upgrade.

I found there is an exception in the TH-D7E on the range checking, when the lattitude and longitude are 0000.00N and 00000.00E then the packet shows up anyway, looks like this is treated as "no position". I think its not relvant if the position is N/S and/or E/W but I did not check that.

This could be used to have "positionless objects" to be always displayed; maybe usefull for status information which you don't want to send as bulletins (so it does not fill up the message list). An advantage would be that new "positionless objects" overwrite the data send earlier so you always look at the latest information.

 I tried to send an object with 0,0 position first and then an update of the same object with the real position. When the position is out of range then the data of the 0,0 position object is not updated so it can unfortunately not be used to bypass the range check.

Kind regards,

Henk.