Re: Cheap Yagi Antennas for VHF/UHF: experiences?

Hi Achim,

--- snip ---
>I want to construct a UHF cross yagi for 70cm AO-40 ops. the Yagis on
>the website of Kent Britain, WA5JIB
>
>http://www.clarc.org/Articles/uhf.htm
--- snip ----

I can't tell you much, but I can tell you that I've built one of these
antennas centered on 435 MHz (linear polarization). It worked well and I
was pleased with it. Construction is straight forward, and while the driven
element feed arrangement is unusual, the measured VSWR was good.

I built the boom from hardwood (Bangkirai) and used tinned copper
"grounding" wire (3mm dia) for the elements (similar gauge to the aluminium
wire used in the US for the same purpose).

I didn't bring the antenna with me (to the other side of the world) but I'm
planning to build a new "crossed version" (matching the phased ants with a
paralleled 75 ohm sections.)

Sil - ZL23CIA / ex PA3HIL