Re: Re: xm-1 satellite as test signal

On 14 Feb 02, at 18:28, Pieter wrote:

> NO,  I will repeat the facts:
>
> "The sirius satellites(3) are on a "figure 8" pattern roughly centered at
> 100ºW. There are always 2 satellites in view. The satellites are in
> elliptical orbits of around 24hours"
>
> The orbits are elliptical because their eccentricities are less than 1 and
> not 0. The satellites in GEO orbits are the XM satellites and they do not do
> figure eights because their inclination is almost 0. If they do a figure
> eight it is a really really small "8".

Sorry, I thought the discussion was about the XM sats, which is
why I said they were circular.  You are right about it being a small
figure 8.
   I also made the mistake of looking up the wrong Sirius 1.  20193
is also called Sirius 1, and it is circular with a small inclination,
however now I see I had the wrong. Sirius 1.

Sorry for the mistake.

 Bill Jones  N3JLQ  Sweden Maine   wejones@megalink.net
 Main home page   http://www.megalink.net/~wejones
 WWII/B-17 page   http://www.megalink.net/~wejones/wwii.html