Re: AO40RCV and FT736R

 Hi James,

  It's impossible.

  The FT736r cannot do a "step up" or "step down" under
cat control.  In order to change frequencies of the 736
via the CAT, you would have to calculate and load a
new frequency every time you wanted to change frequencies
(and keep track of where the radio is currently tuned
to etc.)

  You're better off fabricating one of the mic-click
interface schemes, imho.  (or modifying the source code
for AO40-rcv to support a more ft736r-specific serial
communications scheme, which shouldn't be too difficult.)

  -al
 WB1BQE  (Licensed hater of the ft736r Cat design... :^)