Re: RE: AMSAT-BB-digest V2002 #6

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Glen Tubbesing wrote:

> I have a TH-D7A(G) and I was able to receive a packet from PCSAT the
> other day... but there was no location listed for the satellite....  I
> know the GPS is off... But, when the GPS is on, will the packet from
> PCSAT include its location, and will my radio then give me the distance
> to the bird on the list display?  N7GOT Las Vegas, NV

Yes, and for eveyone on the east coast, they DO routinely see PCsat
positions (and also ISS, UO-22 and Sapphrie) all the time since I run a
copy of APRStk  that  tunes to each satelite in view and digipeats a
position for each satellite when in view.  We have been doing this for
over a year for ISS and now PCsat and the others..  They each digipeat
their position once every minute..

Since these packets are originated in Maryland, you (in NV) wont see them.
What we need is someone out in California to run this software with a
dedicated radio and provide this service from out there.

See http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/satinfo.html

Bob