Re: Fodtrack wiring

Cliff,

There are two standards for numbers of the pins in the DIN connector (very
confusing!).  I have no experience with the 5500.

On the G-5400B I own the pins shown in the FODTrak diagram are correct (I
just measured them again to be sure!).  The FODTrak diagram shows this

         2
   4          5
1        6        3
   7           8

My Yaesu book never actually defines the pin numbering scheme (maybe the new
one does).  If I look at the back of the G-5400B controller the scheme in
the FODTrack diagram is rotated, but intact.  On the back of the controller
(The female connector) I see this.

    8          7
3        6        1
    5         4
          2

The same as above, just rotated.

1.  elev indication   0-5 VDC
2.  right  CCW rotation
3.  elev UP
4.  left CCW rotation
5.  elev DOWN
6   ground
7.  AZ indication  0-5 VDC
8.  15 VDC from rotor control box

     Is the ground pin still the one in the middle?

73,
Joe
ka0yos@amsat.org