Re: Fodtrack wiring

Actually this got me too.  There is two "standards" for wiring that type of
DIN connector.  The "standard" that Yaesu uses is one pinout for the
connector, and the one the FODtrack uses is another.  If you follow the
FODtrack pinout with the pin diagram supplied for the connector on the FOD
schematic, it is identical with the pinout that Yaesu uses with the pin
diagram supplied in the G-5500 Manual.

OK, this is confusing.  The actual connections on the connectors are the
same if you follow the FOD schematic with the FOD connector diagram as if
you wire according to YAESU with the YAESU pin diagram.  The actual pin #'s
are different from the YAESU manual to the FOD schematic.

I don't know why he ever did that.  Ruined the first connector because of
that.....There is a small note in the docs somewhere about it, but it wasn't
obvious until I destroyed DIN #1!!

Fred W0FMS