Re: Alternatives to fiberglass boom

CORRECTION In my previous post i should say <<<ABS>>> IS NOT A GOOD
INSULATOR AT MICROWAVE FRQS

I put an ABS drain cap into a microwave oven at full power in 13 seconds white
smoke come out the cap and i burn myself on the rim of the CAP.

Do the test alone and start your exhaust fan, you will be spare of flames not from
the oven but from the XYL...

I you want another old microwave trick put a standard light bulb into a glass half fill
with water, start your oven and enjoy the light of your light bulb without electrical
power applied to it. (DO THE TRICK FOR FEW SECONDS ONLY)

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
          http://www.qsl.net/ve2dwe/
C.P.341
Sorel-Tracy