Re: Velocity Factor

CN8ZE,

The fact of the matter is that radio waves travel at a different rate in a
transmission line than they do in free space.  The ratio of the velocity
in the line to that in free space is the VF of the cable.  That is

VF=V/C .

You didn't say what cable you are planning to use but for most of the
cables that hams use, like RG-8, RG-58, RG-11 and RG-59, VF is about 0.66.

Hope this helps.

73...Jim...W5VZF.

Dr. Jim Akers
Dept. of Electrical