Re: Portable Antenna - AO-40 Using the Aluminium Flashing

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Matt Donohoe wrote about my portable AO40 dish:

> http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/ao40ant.html
>
> How did people cut it into "wedges" as nicely as Bob did? Like with the
> big end and the smaller end?

I just posted my template on the web page this morning.  It is for a 12
petal design instead of my original 16 petal design.  This is so it only
takes 24 instead of 32 #6-32 screws to assemble it.

SPOKES:  But I have not built one yet with these new dimensions, so cannot
determine the exact lengths of the spokes until someone makes one.  I used
1/8" dowel rods for my prototype but would prefer some kind of fiberglass
if I could find it. I just glued the spokes into electrical screw lugs for
attaching at the screws and hub.  And made a 3 layer disk of wood at the
center to allow them to be folded.

Good luck!

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob