ft-736

Hi all

I know there was a post on this subject before but I cannot find the
reply.  I believe the power supply in my 736 is acting up.  It does not
always turn on and the transmitt power will fluctuate during long periods
of transmission (FM),  I remember some one saying something about
resistors heating and drying out the filter caps causing the supply not
to start.  I would be grateful for any help on this subject.  I have the
service manual and there is no schematic of the power supply at all.  I
opened the radio up and there are two resistors raised above the board
and the circuit board is blackened beneath them.  Yhe last resort is to
unplug the internal supply and hook up an external one.  Thanks in
advance.

N8ANR