Re: fiberglass boom

Jim,

The two that I know of are from M2 and "Max Gain Systems." The M2 is sort of
the "old" standard and it goes for about $150.00 on the market. Max Gain
Systems sells a similar one that costs a fraction of what the M2 boom costs,
but it requires painting to protect it from breakdown.

There are periodic (silly) arguments on [amsat-bb] about whether or not you
need to paint a fiberglass boom to protect it, but logic pretty much
dictates that it is wise to consider it... especially if your in an
environment like I am, central Texas. Still, make up your own mind.

http://www.m2inc.com/ (M2)
http://www.mgs4u.com/ (Max Gain Systems)

--Chris // N8DVM

--