MMDS downconverters to 1691 mhz WxSAT?

Hi All...

I know this is stretching being off topic...heck, it probably is off topic....

But, has anyone experimented putting one of the S-Band TV downconverters on
the GOES 1691 MHz WX satellite band?  I know some of the d/c's were for MMDS
CH1 and CH2 which were originally around 2150 MHz....

>From commercial FM conversion days I know everything has to be "lengthened",
moving down in frequency is much harder then moving up...just thought I'd
ask..

As the topic wanders...please answer off list to keep down the bandwidth...

Thanks es 73

Roger
WA1KAT
Rogerkola@aol.com