update on qrm last week on uo-14

okay, guys our problem has been solved. a ham heard talk a couple days after
the interference on the same repeater and he contacted one of the officers of
the club and said that his mobile rig had inadvertently got into cross-band
mode. what probably happened as we were df'ing him is that the battery in the
car had crapped out after running the rig for several hours in the transmit
mode and that's why the audio started to get distorted and finally disappeared.

long and short of it....no more interference from that person should be
expected.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO                                      kk5do@arrl.net
Houston, Texas
AMSAT VP-User Services & Awards Manager
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CST on W0KIE AMC-7, T5,
7.5Mhz