Re: Amateur Satellites (definition?)

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Terry Bendell wrote:

> I read with great interest your "Remote" experiments. Let me share with
> you a developing project we have going here along similar lines.
>
> Living on the Shore near a part of the great lakes I was taken with the
> idea of designing and building an inexpensive self-contained
> amateur radio equipped bouy. Equipped with APRS, GPS, Temperature
> and wind direction/speed sensors.

There is an unpublished low power uplink receiver on PCsat for just this
purpose... (see the published PCsat mission)  we have been hoping someone
would launch an experimental ocean buoy and let us all track it by PCsat,
ISS, UO-22 or any of the other digital relays in space. One could make
sometihng that would last a year on just a few lbs of batteries or
indefinately on solar panels.

Taking safety to boaters into accout, of course...

de WB4APR

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob