Re: Amateur Satellites (definition?)

> Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 16:13:42 -0400
> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Amateur Satellites (definition?)
> From: "Terry Bendell" <ve3tkb@sympatico.ca>
> 	[...]
> Living on the Shore near a part of the great lakes I was taken with the
> idea of designing and building an inexpensive self-contained
> amateur radio equipped bouy. Equipped with APRS, GPS, Temperature
> and wind direction/speed sensors.
> 	[...]

For a good time (ok, ok, in a geeky sort of way) see:

The Scientific American article "Floating a Challange" describing a
similar project:

	http://www.sciam.com/1998/1198issue/1198amsci.html

The DOE's Project NOPP Drifters Web page:

	http://www.drifters.doe.gov/

Or, a recent Navy solicitation to build microsats to relay data
from ocean sensing platforms (the file is pretty large; you probably
want to search for occurances of "N02-062"):

	http://www.acq.osd.mil/sadbu/sbir/solicitations/sbir021/navy021.htm

More trivia from,

	-tjs