Re: Magazine Editors

Very Well said Richard!

and  if I could editoralize just a wee bit...

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Richard W L Limebear wrote:

> The first flight of this project will not carry an an amateur payload,
> merely a little science plus telemetry to determine whether the principles
> they are testing do, in fact, produce the desired results.

I understand what you are tying to say, but all the naysayers won't.
I would not say this is not an amateur payload.  Students are not paid
professionals in the business of building satellites for commercial
profit.  They are amateurs...

> <snip>
> 2) With a lifetime of only one week we felt that, although the first payload
> would not be amateur, this project was a "good bet" for the future of amateur
> radio satellites.

And again, it is perfectly amateur.  I think you are saying, "although the
first payload would not have a user transponder,... this project..."

OSCAR-1 Which everyone proudly claims as the worlds first amateur
satellite did not have a USER transponder, but that in no way makes it any
less of an amateur radio satelite!

These whining shack-potatoes that decry every noble effort that does not
bring them personal gratification to their own definition of the hobby are
killing amateur radio from within!

de WB4APR, Bob