Re: PCsat in the news media

Why does the press fawn over a group of students building a cubesat, but
when a worldwide group of hams raises a couple of million dollars out of
pocket to build a highly capable satellite almost the size of a compact
car nobody gives a  hoot.....
<<

Hello Dan.

The flip side of course is to think about what the coverage would have
looked liked given the "events" that AO-40 went through.

Having said that PCSAT is in my opinion "something" quite extroadinary.  Its
a group of protoadults learning how to build spacecraft and doing it about
like the old OSCAR's were done AND IT WORKING.

We should have more PCSATs.  I wish that a substantial part of the NASA
budget (say 500 million or so) would go to endowing launchers and "spots"
for a lot of cubesats.  Indeed there is a senior senator on the Commerce
committee who thinks PCSAT is something worth doing on a nationwide
scale....college, even high school.

RobertWB5MZO