PCsat February Status

PCsat is back into 35% eclipses but is doing fine.  Last pass saw 15 users
with almost half of them exchanging messages.  Don't think of PCsat as
just a POSITION/STATUS reporting relay.  APRS message mode operation is
also welcome; though you should set your station for NO ACKS to minimize
QRM.

Looks like we won't see the severe shortage of power we saw in December as
this eclipse phase sees the sun moving slowly up into the northern
hemisphere where it spends more time illuminating our good +Z panel and
less time illuminating our dead -Z panel in the southern hemisphere...

Looks like PCsat now has a good chance of making it to next December...

If you are not seeing moving position reports from PCsat, ISS,
SAPPHIRE and UO22, then we need an uplink APRSTK station on your
continent.  See  http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/satinfo.html for details.

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob