Re: Magazine Editors

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Arthur H Feller wrote:

> Hey, Bob,
> The idea sounds workable all except for one thing:  This is a University
> and not a radio amateur.  See: [the ITU rules]

Ah, but in this case, the HAND satellite is an amateur satellite,
according to their web page.

> Sounds innocent enough to invite educational types into our bands.  But, in
> the long run, their moneyed interests likely will overtake ours and our
> hobby will be gone....    Something to think about.

Thanks, I agree completely.  But fortunately, this group is a HAM group
and is already working with the IARU...

... and the flip side of that coin is also true, that if we dont have
people building amateur satellites then we will loose the amateur
satellite bands.... as we are already doing in many areas of the world.

The more downlinks we have, the less likely the interlopers...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob