Re: Prototype FEC telemetry encoder/decoder released

Um, trying to bridge two bigger issues recently presented on the BBS:

Wasn't there a request for some suggestions of a telemetry format (perhaps
hardware) for an upcoming project?  (I don't have that email handy here at
work...it was a day or two ago).

Would it be possible to propose a scheme to make use of Phil's new
telemetry on this upcoming satellite?
(maybe I just did ;-)

73,

Mark N8MH

At 10:01 AM 2/1/2002 -0500, Joseph B. Fitzgerald wrote:
>Douglas,KA2UPW wrote:
>
> >>If the new proposed format is implemented on AO-40, I'll work on
> >>incorporating the new format into AO40Rcv.
>
>Perhaps it would be sensible to begin these changes _before_
>implementation ... as it is there has been a drop off in telemetry
>submitted from AO-40 lately.
>
>I am more than willing to collaborate on the project, Douglas.  Let's get
>to work!
>
>Besides lack of software (space based and ground based), what else is
>preventing us from implementing this format?  I have read Phil's proposal
>and I can't find many reasons _not_ to do it.
>
>-Joe KM1P
>----

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]