Re: PCsat in the news media

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 RogerKola@aol.com wrote:

> Probably the $50,000 the students spent seems within reach and reality of
> many of the people the press serves, and the fact that it was highly
> successful feeds the story...
>
> Whereas a "couple of million" dollars spent on AO-40 ...

Ahhh, to be fair, however, one needs to be aware of the following fact..

The Naval Academy has a fulltime, paid Public Affairs Office of many many
folks, who's sole mission in life is to shake up publicity for anything
positive at the naval academy..  They are milking this for all it is
worth...  Remember, they have to recruit....

So we HAMS here have had nothing to do with the PR.  In fact, we are
hardly ever interviewed...  thus the errors you see propogating...

Bob