Re: Magazine Editors

At 08:39 AM 01-02-02 -0500, Bob Bruninga wrote:
>Well, there is only one real answer to this question <grin>.  Put it on
>145.825 AX.25 1200 baud and then it will be picked up worldwide by the
>existing PCSAT Internet linked ground system and available real time to
>anyone everywhere...  This assumes it's telelmetry is a low duty cycle,
>then it is welcome on 145.825.                 de WB4APR, Bob
>
>  On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, John Heath wrote:
>
> > Researchers at Bristol University in England are asking the world wide
> > satellite community to assist with data collection from their
> > forthcomming Nano Satellite Project.

Hey, Bob,

The idea sounds workable all except for one thing:  This is a University
and not a radio amateur.  See:
http://www.iaru.org/satellite/prospective.html, section VI-B.

Sounds innocent enough to invite educational types into our bands.  But, in
the long run, their moneyed interests likely will overtake ours and our
hobby will be gone.

Something to think about.

73, art.....