Re: Re: First-Hand Information abt. MAROC-TUBSAT

  Actually, if the King of Morroco is a radio
ham,  then I'm sure the satellite was permissable
under Morrocan ham radio rules, by definition... :^)
(I do, concede that the choice of frequencies
was poor, but the point appears to be moot now.)

  On a related note about telemetry in the amateur
bands (and the un-ham-ness of a mars probe etc),
IMHO, ham radio is about more than just talking
and sending silly messages back and forth.

  It's about experimenting, both about radio directly,
and non-radio phonomena, where the use of radio
technology is necessary.

  A mars probe (or TUBSAT) operated by hams with
scientific telemetry is really no different
than a Ham flying a  radio controlled model
airplane (or high altitude balloon with a
tv camera.)

  As long as the device is operated by a ham,
with a legitimate non-commercial purpose,  the
content of the telemetry (or data returned)
is really nobody's business.

  -al
  WB1BQE